Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ok people, I have an awesome story about THE David Beckham... (if you don't know who he is, then you're probably very sheltered, haha... you can google him)

For my birthday Adam took me to Salt Lake for the weekend and to the ReAl Salt Lake soccer game against the LA Galaxy (the team that David Beckham plays for) and we stayed at the Radisson Hotel, (used to be the Wyndam (sp?)). On Saturday we left to go lunch in the afternoon and noticed a huge bus in front of the hotel. At first we didn't think anything of it, but then we saw a dude walking around in LA Galaxy garb and just figured that he was a fan, but then we put 2 and 2 together and thought that maybe the LA Galaxy team was staying at the hotel. We thought that was pretty cool and hoped that maybe we'd see one of them in our wanderings around.

Anyway, so we go to the game and it was AWESOME! Such a good game! We (RSL) scored 2 goals within the first 18 minutes so we were feeling pretty confident in our team. Well, at least I was. But then Beckham comes out of nowhere and scores a goal! It was a way sweet goal too! Then a few minutes later he scored another one! Poor Adam, who LOVES Beckham, was out getting drinks and food when all of that went down. I feel so bad for him! He missed out on not one, but TWO David Backham goals. Sad day...

Anyway, after the game, Krissy, Neil, Mikade, Adam and I were hanging out in the stadium and we walked over to where the away team boards their bus and it was the SAME bus that was parked out in front of our hotel. SWEET! They were staying at our hotel! So when we were riding trax down from the stadium we decided to wait for them in the lobby and try to get Beckams picture and autograph. We were the only ones there waiting, it was awesome! So we waited for like a half hour and then the team rolled in and there he was! Live and in color! When he came in the doors Adam walked over and shook his hand and talked to him for a sec and I snapped a picture. I guess then Adam asked him for a picture and they both turned to me and posed for me to take it and I was totally oblivious! I don't even remember them doing that. I'm such a jerk! I just walked up to Beckham and asked him for his autograph. Then I asked him for a picture because it was my birthday and he said sure and wished me happy birthday. Then he put his arm around me, and mine around him (OMG) and Adam took our picture.

This is the best part...!!! Keep in mind that Adam and I are the only ones in the lobby (besides the rest of team). So, as Beckham was walking up the stairs, he turned and looked at me. Not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES!!! Adam saw the whole thing. He even said that on the last one he smirked and smiled a "sexy" smile at me, and Adam was like what the hell?! Hahaha. I didn't see him do it, but OMG!!! David Beckham TRIPLE checked me out!!! And it's totally going to my head, hahaha! Be sure to look closely at the picture of Beckham and I... you can see him LEANING toward me... I swear I'm not making it up! I know I'm a dork! Who knows what he was thinking when he was looking at me; probably that I was crazy for shaking and drooling all over him, but still!

Anyway, I'm going to try and post the pictures below. He autographed my game ticket stub, and I have the pen that he used. We're going to frame them. We got some other pictures with some other players but they're not as famous as Beckham.

Adam gave me the most amazing, unforgettable birthday, EVER! Wahooooooooo! Thank you Adam, I LOVE YOU!





































8 comments:

Krissy said...

Hooray! Awesome story! I'm so jealous, I wish I would have been with you to meet the players! Your picture with David is great! You look so cute! That rocks that he checked you out! I'm so glad you had such a great birthday! Love you!

Jill said...

You are so funny Cath. You are a little bit of a dork, but that's why I love you. Just kidding. It's also hilarious that Adam was so jealous. Does he still like David Beckham even though he checked you out? I GUARANTEE Adam would be checking out Victoria Beckham if he saw her in person, and you are sooo much hotter than her! :)

~Lauren said...

Cathy..I think you've gone over to the bad place!! They have a term for this..I think it's called Celeb-Stalking..Oh YES..that IS it! I wanna comment on the fact that your wearing a ReAl SL scarf..and your asking The L.A. Galaxy for their autographs and pictures!!!! HAHAHA:) At least make it look like your a Galaxy fan and not lusting after Becks!! Use a blue sharpie and draw and L. on one boob and and A. on the other.. I'm sure that would have impressed Beckham enought to get a fourth glance or a thrill-feel!! Personally..I rather have him feel me up than keep a pen with his greasy fingerprint on it..unless your thinking of using it for cloning purposes..then I'm all for it! I see the leaning your refering to in the picture..And I AM loving it!!! Probably not as much as you are though!! I wonder if he was thinking..so this is what it's like to hold a woman and not a skeleton..Victoria-eat some meat girl!! Sorry Adam I think the little "sexy" smirk might have been a smirk of..haha I just totally pissed of her boyfriend! :( Becks TOTALLY knows what he is doing! I would have a FAT HEAD over it too..but why stop there?Start exagerating the story a little like..when he walked away I'm POSITIVE I heard him say "she has a nice ass"!! HAHAHA:)

P.S. I forgive you ditching out on your blog for weeks on end now..for this juicy story:) And for those of you keeping score that was 23 exclamation points this story earned :)

~Lauren said...

OMG..I'm such a crappy friend..I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY in my other comment! I was just so involved in "THE David Beckham" story:)

Beth said...

I almost love Laurens comments as much as the actual story!! You crack me up! :D

What an awesome Birthday for you Cathy!! The pictures turned out great too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Annie said...

Happy belated birthday Cathy! That was an awesome story! The picture with you and Beckham is HOT!!!

Jennifer, Thierry, Xavier, Julien, and Aurélie said...

That is really cool. I love David Beckham. Europe was sad to lose him. He played for England, of course, and then Real Madrid (which really pissed off the fans in England) and then England again. Then he had to go and move to the U.S. Shame on him. I guess that gives Victoria a chance to keep up on her fashion obsession. Los Angeles has pretty much everything when it comes to fashion. I just read an article with David Beckham in which he goes on and on about how much he loves his wife and how Victoria is enough woman for him... Blah blah blah... That didn't keep him from cheating on her in the past though. So maybe you have got a chance for a Beckham fling. Don't hold your breath that it would be any more than that though. But I don't think Adam would like it much. Maybe you'd better stick with him. Ha ha.

I've got a joke for you....
Ronaldo, Michael Ballack and David Beckham were all up in Heaven.
God asked Ronaldo.."Why do you deserve to come into heaven?" he answered, "I played the game with all my heart and made the fans love the game as well. Which helped bring people together." God said "OK" and let him enter. Then he asked Michael Ballack the same question. "Why do you deserve to come into heaven?" He answered, "I used my head to play the game well and made people think." God said, "OK" and let him enter. Then he turned to David Beckham and said, "I guess you are here to pick up your ball?"

A Very Happy Un-Birthday, since it is not your birthday any more.

~Lauren said...

FYI..Cathy I think I've invented the perfect license plate cover for you..I think it should say..

"The only person that should be this close to riding my ass..is David Beckham"!!

HAHAHAH:) Tell me that isn't perfect!!! Sorry Adam if your reading this..I'm afraid your gonna have to deal with this topic longer than you realized..nice birthday pick for Cathy:)